Shiatsu is Japanese bodywork which is deeply seated in the philosophy and practices of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Shiatsu uses a combination of relaxing pressure on the body, acupressure points and gentle joint manipulation to promote the free-flow of Chi (energy) around the body. It is received fully clothed, whilst lying on a futon mattress on the floor.
Seated Acupressure massage is ideally suited to the workplace, as it is received through the clothes, it targets the main areas of stress for the office worker, the back, neck, arms and shoulders and appointments can be as short as 20 minutes.
- Therapeutic applications for Shiatsu include the following;
- Rheumatic (osteoarthritis, arthritis, low back, cervical and neck problems, sciatica);
- Gynecological (pregnancy morning sicknesses, post-partum care, irregular menses);
- Psychological (nervous breakdown, anxiety, insomnia, sexual problems);
- Respiratory (asthma, colds, sinusitis);
- Digestive (colitis, constipation, vomiting, acidity, bloating).